Change Crete is an island that is changing constantly. I had leaved here most of my life and although I have tried to explore every little...



Change
Crete is an island that is changing constantly. I had leaved here most of my life and although I have tried to explore every little village and secret beach there are still many places that I haven't seen. It's an island full of surprises, with caves, monasteries, gorges, and beautiful beaches. Now, big Hotels, villas, and beach umbrellas have covered almost all the north side of the island, while the taverns and the ouzadika are changing into restaurants and snack bars. Sad? Yes very sad I must say. But surprisingly there are still places left that the fishermen take the fishnets out and the tavern's are serving home made food. I hope that this will not change, at least for while anyway.

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

Flickr Images